Wednesday, January 24, 2007

jan 22 and 23

I forgot to write yesterday, so it’s two days in one again. Yesterday was Monday, I had a serious case of the Monday’s. But it was okay. Had class all day. When I came home, I had some clean clothes on my bed.
Also, over the past weekend, I took one of the two very thick fleece blankets off of my bed and flipped over the comforter to the prettier plaid side. When I came home yesterday, the Empleada had put the 2nd thick blanket back on my bed and flipped the comforter back over. I guess there is no winning that battle.
I came home and ate. Went to my room to do some homework and ended up being in there doing homework and stuff on the computer until around 8pm. When I came out, to go to the bathroom, and get ready for bed, all the lights were off and the doors were all shut. I guess they had both gone to bed. But neither one of them had come to say hello when they got home or to say goodnight, which I found a little odd. Oh well.


Today I got up and went to my one class. We have a test in a week, on Tuesday. It says it’s a quiz on the syllabus, but today she called it a test. I’m not looking forward to it. I think its going to be very hard for me. Also, I don’t talk any in that class simply because I cant keep up with the conversation well enough to take notes, much less speak up.
I went to lunch with Cathy, Whitney, and Kraig. Afterwards, Kraig & I went to the Cabinas near campus and I called Jo to tell her Happy Birthday & that she is the loveof my life. I also called mom and talked to her for a bit.
While at the Cabinas, we also got some copies made for Kraig and I got the manilla folders I need to take to get my VISA registered (which I plan to do on Friday). We went back to campus to use the computers/internet for a bit and then headed home.
I have been here for a while. Did my homework and then ate. Watched some TV. I guess it’s about time to go to bed.
I miss Wendy’s. But, I have been eating a LOT of crepes here. There are really good crepes on campus and the crepes we had over the weekend I told you about earlier. I think when I come home I will definitely crave crepes.
When I was here alone this afternoon, I went to the kitchen and made myself a PB & J sandwich. It was glorious. Much better than the odd looking and tasting soup that came with my lunch that was prepared for me earlier.
Evidently, I don’t think we will be going to Banos this weekend. Evidently there is a girl who cannot go and so I think we may go to the beach instead. Who knows. Thursday night there is some “welcome USFQ international students party” at this bar which is supposedly really close to my house so we will probably hit that up & then Friday the plan is to register my VISA. Alone. That should be interesting.
I feel a little boring. And I wish I had more to do during the weeks. I guess I don’t really do that much during the weeks when I’m in Blacksburg, either, it just helps to not be alone. I miss my roommates.
Still waiting on my internet to get set up. I might stop by the little kiosk tomorrow when I am at school and see what the status is. I guess I should tell them that I will be at the house Friday afternoon. Problem is, that I don’t answer the phone when I am here and it rings. Also, I don’t know how to work the intercom system at the door, or even if it works. So, if they called I wouldn’t know it unless someone else was here, which I’m guessing they wont be, and if they came, I wouldn’t know how to talk to them on the intercom. Guess I should ask Veronica about that…
I have a post card to mail. Need to figure out how to do that, too. And I need to find a DVD store-deal to get me some new bedtime material. Hmm….nothing else for now. Goodnight J

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

glad to hear from you today. Did you know that tech won again last nite? they beat Miami in Miami, Zab had 30 points, he had about 40 or 50 friends there because i think that is where he lives or close by there. We drove up to blacksburg yesterday and ate at fazoli's and checked out the bookstore. have fun at the beach. JoJo

Anonymous said...

HIIIIIIII..... i miss you like crazy. i will learn how to make perfect crepes so you can have them when you get back!.. love you!! miss you<33 britt

Dana B said...

will you be on IM when you get your internet? i hope so.

having people around DEFINITELY fills up the time more, but sometimes that's not especially good. like when you have homework to do. like me. i'll share some of my commotion with you if you share some of your solitude with me.

love ya, leah.

Karen said...

I have a feeling once you get your internet up and running you will be able to talk to your friends and fam here more - at least I hope so. That will help to fill in the weekdays some.

Take care hun. Love you!
Mom

Anonymous said...

It's January 24, Jen's 33rd birthday. We had a girl's birthday luncheon for her at Mother's house. Little Annika has a terrible chest cold. She is so precious. Can't wait for you to see her. Tommy and I are flying to FL on Saturday. Going to Orlando to see Jeff and to Naples to see T's Dad. It's winter time here. We're looking forward to some shorts weather!

Love you,
Sandra