Monday, January 22, 2007

jan 18

Got up this morning & went to anthro class. I’m feeling a little more comfortable in that class with the speaking, etc.
Afterwards, I went with Kraig, Cathy, and some other girl to a Mexican restaurant near the university. It was pretty expensive. $10.
Then kraig and I went to Payless to get a purse. It’s pretty sweet. I also found out that the Super Pa Co is where the school supplies are sold. I got 2 notebooks, so now I’m kind of set for class.
I signed up for my internet today. I do have to pay every month. I just go to the little stand on campus and tell them to renew my internet. She said that the guys should call me within like 5 days or so and let me know when they will come to set up my computer for the wireless.
I got a post card today from Daddy, dated the 8th or something like that. Which means it takes about 10 days for normal mail to get here. Who knows how long it would take a package to get here!!!
OH! I thought of something I wanted to tell Daddy, earlier, but I had forgotten about everytime I have emailed or talked to him. The first night I went out, to Bungalow 6, the bar had a bunch of college/university banner/flags things in the windows. There was a Georgia Bulldogs one and I asked the bartender about it and he said if I brought him a VT one, he would take down the GA one and put the VT one up in it’s place. If you’re thinking about sending a package, you could send a VT flag. I think they might be a little expensive, so if not, it’s cool. I just thought it’d be a way to leave a somewhat “legacy” on Quito J
Nothing else new to report. Right now I am waiting for a phone call. We are supposed to go out tonight, but its been pretty couldy and drizzly all day so I don’t know if everyone is going to bail on me or not. I hope not, because if they do, I will just sit around the house for the rest of the night….

1 comment:

Karen said...

Glad you are getting the wireless set up - it will be so much easier for you! We'll see about a VT banner/flag - something to leave as your legacy. :)

Love,
Mom