Tuesday, January 16, 2007

jan 13

Last night when I fell asleep I set my alarm for 10:15am. I woke up at 12:30 when Kraig, one of the guys from Wisconsin, called me. He said that everyone was meeting him at his house at 1:15 to head to La Mitad del Mundo. Knowing that I have few friends, they are mainly who I have been hanging out with, and that if I didn’t take him up on the offer that I would probably sit around the house alone all day, I quickly went to find Veronica. I found her in the kitchen and let her know I was going to take a quick shower and head to my friends house and the whole plan.
I got ready in perfect time, called a cab, and got to Kraig’s house at 1:15. However, we ended up not leaving his house until around 2pm when Katie and Laura got there. We didn’t get to La Mitad del Mundo until really around 4pm. It was worth it, though.
We were higher up so the clouds were like around us. We took lots of pictures, went to a gift shop (where I bought a present for one of you reading this…. J ), ate, got ice cream, and headed back.
When we finally figured out how to work the buses and get back to someone’s house, we got back to Laura’s house. We decided to watch Walk the Line J. It’s so weird how much people from Wisconsin are like southerners. I guess it’s the western ideal that is part of the southern ideal. I don’t really know.
But I came home, and here I am. That’s a really short synopsis of the day considering that it was so long and we did so much, but I guess its all more or less better to tell in pictures.
Tomorrow, the plan is to go to Old Town and see the churches and architecture. So that should be fun.
Veronica told me that mom called me today while I was gone. I’m sure she thinks I hate it here because mama has called so much. The second time mama called, on the second day I was here, she asked me when I hung up if something had happened. She was really worried that something was wrong and that I was in trouble or that something was wrong with me. I’m sure that since mom called today to talk to me for a third time that she really thinks that I hate it or I don’t like them or something.
MOM – YOU CAN CALL MY CELL PHONE. I’M FAIRLY SURE I SENT YOU THE NUMBER IN AN EMAIL. IF YOU USE THE CALLING CARD, YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO CALL IT. That way, Veronica wont worry so much that something is wrong.
I do like it here. I’m much happier now that I have friends to do things with and hang out with, etc. My family still doesn’t really talk to me that much. They are really nice, that’s not in question at all, its just that it kind of seems like they expect me to do my own thing, which is good, I guess, to a certain extent. I just kind of want to do some things with them, like a normal Ecuadorian.
In response to Trisha’s (I think) comment on an earlier post, I am fairly positive they cant see this blog. I mean they probably could if they actually got on the internet, decided to go to a blog website, happened to end up on this one, and happened to find MY particular blog. But since I don’t get online at the house, its not like they know I go to that website or anything. And I haven’t mentioned it to them, so I think they probably don’t read it J
I guess that’s about it for now. I think now it’s time to watch a bit of a Grey’s episode and pass out. By the way, I watch Grey’s on my laptop, in case any of you were wondering, I do not have a television in my room. Pictures of the room will come as soon as I get internet again and it’s a stable connection. Also, I really need to go to some store and see if I can find some other DVD TV show to watch. Although I have already seen all of the Grey’s Season I shows before this trip, watching the same 15 episodes over and over will eventually get a little old, I think.

1 comment:

Karen said...

Now that I have your cell number, I will call that. I never did get your e-mail with it though. Sorry if I've given Veronica the wrong idea. Tell her there's nothing wrong, just that your mom misses you like crazy!

Luv ya,
Mom