Wednesday, January 17, 2007

jan 16

Today I tried to wake up at 5am, instead I woke up at 6am. So I knew I wasn’t going to make it to my 7am class on time. I went back to get and got up at 8 for my 10am class.
That class started out shaky today but it got better towards the end. It’s the anthro class that I mentioned before. She does talk much faster than I am used to, but I think that as I get used to the language I will be able to handle the class. And the class has a lot of participation from the students, so I think that listening to the students talk will be better than listening to her.
Since I couldn’t make it to the 7am class on time the very first day that I had it, I decided it wasn’t a good idea to try to do it for 4 months. I dropped it and picked up a volcanography class. Evidently, it has field trips, and it seems pretty interesting. I am hoping it will transfer back as an environmental elective for IS, but that’s still in the air right now. It’s at 8am Monday/Wednesday, so at least it’s not at 7am. And I have had an 8am class before. Now, I’m not saying I made it to every class, but maybe I’ll try harder since it’s in a different country & language J
I ate at the Italian place on campus today, again. Hawaiin pizza definitely hits the spot. Then, cathy and I split tiramisu ($2.00). It was pretty good, but evidently the chocolate mousse is where it’s at. So next time we have to get that J
I went back to the phone store today, since I haven’t been able to send/receive text messages since I bought the phone. It wasn’t working when I got there, but all of a sudden it started working so now I can text message!! Yay!! J
With the new schedule, I have 3 classes on Monday & Wednesday and only 1 on Tuesday &Thursday. Which means that tonight I have a lot of work to do. But that’s okay I guess. I have a quiz in the conversation class which I have made flash cards for and am working on studying. I also have a reading quiz in my literature class tomorrow on the small story that we are to read for tomorrow’s class. Then I have the volcanography class. We will see how that goes, but I am looking forward to it.
It made me very happy to see a comment from Jo. I love you. I miss you. And I wish I was going to be there for your birthdayyyy…..
I posted a LOT of stuff on my blog earlier today, so hopefully it’s not overload for ya’ll.
Like I said, hopefully I will have internet of my own by the end of the week….HOPEFULLY.
Only 121 days until I come home, haha J
MariClara and her friend are singing karaoke in Veronica’s room right now. They have been at it for about 3 hours now. Pretty interesting. Most of the songs they are singing are English songs. Right now, it’s alanis morisette. “….cuz I’ve got one hand in my pocket, and the other one is giving a peace sign…”
Not sure what else to write. I’m feeling a little stressed out already with all the things I need to do: VISA, Censo, study, figure out the bill situation, things I need to buy, getting internet, etc. But, that’s usually how I work best. I have an abundance of post it notes all over my life right now. Which makes me smile. J
Oh, and VT is ranked 23 in the AP poll today J
Once I get some stable, real internet, I’m going to try to make a site to post my pictures. When/If this happens, I’ll try to remember to give you guys the site. If not, I’ll try to give you guys as good of a taste as I can of what’s going on by posting a few pictures on here. (Like the ones of my bedroom I posted earlier today) However, I wont get some of the pictures of me from this past weekend until later because my batteries died & I need to get them from Brett & Kraig….

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here's another comment to make you happy :). I'm so PROUD of you for doing all that climbing at la basillica! All that exercise - don't make me remind you what happens to people who exercise!! Zanotti's class = ridiculous this semester. I'll have to write you a long and whiney email about what she's making us do. Send back some chocolate mousse for me, k? Thanks! Misssss youuuuuuuu -Jo

Anonymous said...

I love the pics! $2 for tiramisu..Trisha's favorite dessert. We pay about $5 for a piece in VA. The volcanography class sounds interesting since it has field trips. Your new cousin is precious. You will find out for yourself in about 118 days!

Love,
Sandra

Anonymous said...

After going through your e-mails and everyone's comments, I'm not sure that anyone told you that Jen gave birth to a baby girl on January 11. Both are doing well and Annika is absolutely beautiful.

Sandra