Monday, January 22, 2007

jan 17

Today I got up at 6am. I had my volcanology/graphy class at 8:30. It was pretty good. We have all the lectures and books on our computer so we don’t have to buy copies from the Xerox center, etc. we do have a lot of presentations to do, it seems, and some papers. Including a 15 page one, which doesn’t seem exciting. But the class seems pretty interesting and the professor is super nice.
I finally got my internet to work after about 30 minutes of nothing and I got to post some pictures from this past weekend and last night’s update, hope you all enjoy.
I also finally got an email about billing & got that sent to Daddy….also, please let me know when you have taken care of that so I can cross it off my list.
I ate lunch with Cathy in the cafeteria. It was my first time eating in there. I got an Arabian pita? It was pretty good. It had a sauce that reminded me of the cucumber sauce used in Greek restaurants. Then I headed to my Boom class.
We had our quiz, 3 really super easy questions. Evidently the main character of the story was gay, I never got that from the reading. So hopefully the rest of the stories will be more up front about stuff like that J
Then I went to conversation class. Our quiz wasn’t really a quiz. The professor read out verbs out loud and whoever knew it raised their hand and used it in a sentence. Pretty sweet if you ask me.
I got on the bus and came home. Stopped by the copy place that’s 2 doors down to get more copies of my passport & other documents that I need for internet, etc.
Hopefully, I will be able to get signed up for my internet tomorrow. I don’t have exactly what they asked for, but I think I have the jist of it, I hope.
I’m still waiting for my advisor at VT to email me back about if the volcano class will transfer back as an environmental elective or not…..keep your fingers crossed.
I just finished doing my homework for tomorrow’s anthro class. I think I may try to take a quick nap.
I might be going to Brett’s later tonight for his ‘half birthday’ celebration J haha
Tomorrow night a bunch of international students are go to out again, like last Thursday. Hopefully we will get to do that because I like doing things with people, since I’m pretty much on my own most of the time haha J
Nothing else to report for the time being…..maybe more will get written later if I go out.

1 comment:

Karen said...

Not having to use the copy center sounds great! I still think that using a copy center to get your reading material is weird.

Mom