Friday, March 2, 2007

love

yesterday was pretty sweet. i got up, late, actually, and went to take my anthro test. it wasnt that great, actually. probably the worst part of the day haha....after that i met kraig and ate some yummy italian on campus.

i then proceeded to meet Sra. Calvera (my Prof from VT) to talk for a bit. she had a fantastic surprise for me! evidently, Jo (Joanna, one of my BESTEST friends) went to Calvera when she heard she was coming here to see Andrew and myself and gave her a sweet package to bring me!!! It seriously made my day!! I was so surprised, first that Jo could keep it a secret haha, and second that she thought about me! it was sooo nice! It was this baggie full of caramel with cream candies, starbursts, a nice letter, pics from her birthday that i missed, a mirror (dont worry about that), and a CD with songs for me! I loved it! and it made me so happy (esp. after that test..)

anyways, so i talked to Calvera for a while and then came home. I didnt do much when i got here. i took a nap - which was marvelous - and then got online and talked to some people (bc now i can do that haha)

i then showered and got ready for dinner with Calvera at 7:30. the restaurant was so nice! also evidently one night a month they have this sweet indigenous dance/music show at that restaurant and last night was the night!! it was pretty great. and i knew what some of the costumes represented...from my anthro class haha :)

the dinner was great - i had a traditional ecuadorian meal including: an avacado, lettuce, tomato salad; potatoe cakes; egg; and corn with traditional sauce. And - Virginia Tech paid for it all :) hah

at dinner, i found out that when leaving from the ROANOKE airport, going through security at 6am, no one else in the security line but Calvera, her husband, and the security men, she put her purse through the security scan thing and then went to be scanned (she has a metal thing in her hip so they have to wand her), when she came back to get her purse, she got it and got on the flight. while on her flight to Charlotte, she realized, her wallet and envelope full of cash were both gone. i cant even really understand. the security men stole her wallet and money out of her purse? crazy.....even in Roanoke......

anyways, then i met up with Cathy and everyone in the Mariscol. It was fun. I ended up going to some place with Kraig and Jackie where we played pool for the majority of the night with Kraig's host brother and his girlfriend. and I wasnt that bad :) Which is a huge improvement, if i do say so. i was pretty proud of myself :)

today i have done nothing. got woken up about 10832180 times from 7 - 10 am. i dont know what was going on, but i didnt like it at all. but here i am. awake. i think im gonna go run some errands after lunch and getting ready with Katy. i need some stuff for Cathy's birthday tomorrow and some books for classes.

I hear my boys lost to those lame wahoos last night. Thats ok. I'm still proud of the way they have been playing this season! :)

nothing else to report at the moment. love.

No comments: