Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Duality

so, the past few days i have really come to terms with my life at home vs. my life in ecuador. its pretty difficult to live 2 lives like this. i'm having tons of fun here in ecuador, dont get me wrong. its just kind of hard to find the balance at times.

today i found some duality in the 2 worlds:
1. while on the bus on the way back to quito from campus, i saw a car with a sticker in the window that said "Si a la vida. No a las armas" - translates to "Yes to life. No to guns." It was just nice to see something that made me think of home and my life at home and realize that it's not completely different there. I mean I had already found many similarities between Ecuador and the States, but it was just a nice reminder.

2. I also saw, while on the ride home, a guy in a #7 Michael Vick Falcons jersey. Whether or not he knows about Virginia Tech and where Michael Vick actually is from, I dont know, but it was a comforting thought that the worlds aren't too far apart.

Just thought I'd share. I can't believe I'm almost halfway done here! It's ridiculous to think that after all this time here I'm going to go back to the US and get thrown right back into that life there. I'm excited to see everyone, don't get me wrong, but I'm really gonna get home, shower, and live life. I guess that's how it is, though, even when you need a break, life keeps going.

Ok, I have a LIT test tomorrow that I need to finish studying for. I'm super nervous about it. Better get back at it, then.
loves.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Eric had a good birthdaw though one of his favorite aunts could not make it. Nor could any of his cousins! I'll pray that your hard work at studying will reap a good reward.
Eric's YaYa

Anonymous said...

LEAH! Let me continue in song...Ahhhh...OK.
Leah is my favorite girl, favorite girl, favorite girl.
Leah is my favorite girl, down in Ecuador.
Oh, down in Ecuador, yes, down in Ecuador.
Leah is my favorite girl, down in Ecuador! Yeah.

...Let's see if you can figure out who this is from. No clues. Nope, none.

Anonymous said...

There was a girl in Ecuador
and Leah was her name oh!
L - E - A - H
L - E - A - H
L - E - A - H
and Leah was her name oh!

Now you have 2 mystery singers!
:):):)

Dana B said...

shower? really? of all the american things you can do before you resume your normal life here, #1 on the top of the list is SHOWER?

does that mean that you don't bathe down there?

love ya leah!

(and see you soon, baboon!)

Anonymous said...

here is another one
sis boom bah, Leah is the one!
sis boom bah, Leah is the one!
down in ole ekwedoor,
down in ole ekwedoor,
we love her so,
yes we do love the one
down in ekwedoor!
now figure this one out...
nope, none

Anonymous said...

Halfway done! How time flies-look forward to seeing you again-after you shower! Susan

Anonymous said...

Leah, Leah, Leah,
Don't you know that YaYa is Grandma in Russian? Or another explanation is that Gric's Grandma is one of the original members of the Yaya Sisterhood. Or another explanation is that when Eric was learning to talk he couldn't say "Grandma".
BTW, he had a great birthday instead of birthdaw.
On a serious note, pray for your Uncle Tommy in the hospital.
Trisha

Anonymous said...

Leah, Leah, Leah,
Don't you know that YaYa is Grandma in Russian? Or another explanation is that Gric's Grandma is one of the original members of the Yaya Sisterhood. Or another explanation is that when Eric was learning to talk he couldn't say "Grandma".
BTW, he had a great birthday instead of birthdaw.
On a serious note, pray for your Uncle Tommy in the hospital.
Trisha